Riding in foreign countries can be an incredible experience, but long distance travel is not without its issues. Matt has some top tips on how make your trip the best it can be.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Register your interest in the GCN Club: http://gcn.eu/rv
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/rw
1. When on the plane, make sure you wear compression socks. These will ensure good circulation around your legs while sitting still for long periods of time. Also, regularly stand up and do exercises like lunges or stretches.
2. When planning rides in an area you don’t know, use GPX Hyperlapse to make sure you’ll not accidentally ride down any really bad roads. This program uses Google Streetview to play a short video of all the roads your route will take you down
3. Jet Lag affects everyone differently, but one way to help combat it is to do a good gym session once you arrive at your destination. This is especially good if you’re struggling to get to sleep, nothing tires you out like a solid workout!
4. It’s unfortunately pretty common for bikes to be delayed when flying long distance. So if you arrive in a city without your bike, make sure you rent one of the multitude of hire bikes that litter most big cities.
5. Finally, definitely the most important one of the lot 😂 When on holiday, you can never be sure where your next good cup of coffee will come from. If, like many cyclists, you’ve got a full blown coffee addiction, make sure you bring a portable coffee maker as well as your favourite beans with you. That way you’ll never miss out on a great cup ☕️
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://gcn.eu/rx
Watch more on GCN…
Top 10 Cycling Cities in the world http://gcn.eu/Top10Cities 📹
Cleaning your bike on holiday http://gcn.eu/HolidayWash 📹
Photos: © Bettiniphoto / http://www.bettiniphoto.net/ & ©Tim De Waele / http://www.tdwsport.com
Music: Woodbridges – Netzy
Salty Breeze 3 – Martin Gauffin
Breeze – Agst
It’s Voodoo – Christian Nanzell
En La Niebla 1 – Martin Carlberg
The Global Cycling Network puts you in the centre of the action: from the iconic climbs of Alpe D’Huez and Mont Ventoux to the cobbles of Flanders, everywhere there is road or pavé, world-class racing and pro riders, we will be there bringing you action, analysis and unparalleled access every week, every month, and every year. We show you how to be a better cyclist with our bike maintenance videos, tips for improving your cycling, cycling top tens, and not forgetting the weekly GCN Show. Join us on YouTube’s biggest and best cycling channel to get closer to the action and improve your riding!
Welcome to the Global Cycling Network | Inside cycling
Thanks to our sponsors:
Alta Badia: http://gcn.eu/AltaBadia- // Maratona Dles Dolomites: http://gcn.eu/MaratonaDlesDolomites-
Assos of Switzerland: http://gcn.eu/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gcn.eu/KASK
fi’zi:k shoes and saddles: http://gcn.eu/fizikshoes and http://gcn.eu/fiziksaddles
Topeak tools: http://gcn.eu/Topeak
Canyon bikes: http://gcn.eu/-Canyon
DT Swiss: http://gcn.eu/DtSwiss
Science in Sport: http://gcn.eu/SiS
Orbea bikes: http://gcn.eu/Orbea
Trek Bicycles: http://gcn.eu/-Trek
Vision wheels: http://gcn.eu/Vision
Zipp wheels: http://gcn.eu/Zipp
Wahoo Fitness: http://gcn.eu/Wahoo-Fitness
Park Tool: http://gcn.eu/-parktool
Continental tyres: http://gcn.eu/continental-
The GCN Club – http://gcn.eu/club
YouTube Channel – http://gcn.eu/gcnYT
Facebook – http://gcn.eu/gcnFb
Instagram – http://gcn.eu/GCNInsta
Google+ – http://gcn.eu/gcnGPlus
Twitter – http://gcn.eu/gcnTW
Leave us a comment below!